What is Puria Strategy
The Puria Method is customized for the following currencies pairs:
- AUDJPY - M30 - 15 points (close the deal at 15 pips to take profit);
- NZDUSD - 1H - 25 points;
- USDCAD - H1 - 20 points;
- EURGBP - H1 - 10 points;
- USDJPY - M30 - 15 points;
- GBPUSD - М30 - 20 points;
- USDCHF - M30 - 10 points;
- EURCHF - H1 - 15 points;
- AUDUSD - M30 - 10 points;
- EURJPY - M30 - 15 points;
- CHFJPY - 1H - 15 points;
- CADJPY - M30 - 20 points;
- EURUSD - M30 - 15 points.
The method is a specially good fit for daily taking-profit traders. In order to serve such a behavior, a Forex strategy must be simple enough to be set up quickly and show clear indicators for buy-in and sell-out orders. Puria Method requires only three Moving Averages with different periods and one MACD, which are available in popular trading software like Metatrader 4.
There are many trading strategies which work in the foreign exchange market. Sooner or later, every trader finds such a trading system that reflects his character most accurately. All people have different perceptions of risk and work with different intensity. For example, there are some players who tend to trade exclusively on long-term charts, and refer to the terminal occasionally only to check or adjust the trading positions.
Installing the machine
Set the MAs on the hour (H1) or half-hour (M30) charts - depending on the conditions above:
- Moving Average 1 : Period MA - 85, Method MA - Linear Weighted, apply to Low, color Moving - choose red;
- Moving Average 2: Period MA - 75, Method MA - Linear Weighted, apply to Low, color Moving - choose red;
- Moving Average 3: Period MA - 5, Method MA - Exponential, apply to Close, color Moving - select yellow.
Set the MACD indicator with the following parameters: Fast EMA 15, Slow EMA 26, MACD SMA 1.
Conditions for purchases in the Puria Method:
- Make a buy-in order as soon as the yellow moving average crosses the two moving averages upward and the confirmation from the MACD indicator is received (one bar closed above the Zero level);
- Set a stop-loss at 14 pips. A deal closed as the stop-loss happened is very rare;
- Close the deal when the exchange rate meets the take-profit point as the details mentioned above. In this example, we take the AUD – JPY, therefore, the take-profit point is 15.
Conditions for sales in the Puria Method:
- Make a sell-out order as soon as the yellow moving average crosses the two red moving averages downward and the confirmation from the MACD indicator is received (one bar closed below the Zero level);
- The take profit and stop loss points are set the same as above.
Important rules when applying this strategy:
- Opening one position at a time is a high recommendation;
- Don’t enter the market until the candle of confirmation is totally closed;
- The order’expiration should be set in eight hours on the 1-hour chart;
- All signals must be received within one trading day;
- The maximum risk for each transaction shouldn’t be more than 2% of your total balance.
If you like this strategy, you might also be interested in this Alligator Indicator Settings
Pros and cons
- Provides easy-to-spot indicators for intraday traders;
- Requires popular built-in indicators;
- Easy to install and follow;
- Provides a detailed guide to make decision on buying and selling.
- Necessitates daily, even hourly market observation;
- Requires patience and good emotion control.
The Puria Method is an effective technical strategy with quality signs and visual indicators. Given the H1 time interval and the recommended take-profit plan, this strategy is incredibly suitable for intraday traders. Coming with many advantages and a very specific profit threshold for each day and each currencies pair, this is another a good shot to consider among other effective strategies. As usual, to remember exactly the signal movements and adhere strictly to the mentioned rules are compulsory for a success in this game.